AKI HAKALA RULEZ :)

Forum about Aki Hakala and The Rasmus

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Interview from Aki from Venezuela

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Akusia
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2006-11-21

PostSubject: Interview from Aki from Venezuela   Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:06 pm

26/11/05
After the press conference, a few journalists were very lucky to make an interview with more details to one of the members of The Rasmus. Thanks to the people from Evenpro, El Nuevo País had the honor to make an interview face to face to Aki Hakala drummer of the band who with a lot of excitement and honesty tell us about the rock movement in his country and about the future of the band.

ENP: it's very well known the explotion of some finnish bands that get more famous, everyday there're more finnish bands that everyone is talking about. Do you think Finland is gonna become the new rock country?

Aki: (Aki looks with a lot of enthusiams and shyness at the same time) we're very happy to see so many finnish bands all around the world, its a recent explotion, there're bands that kinda opened the road to the rest of the bands you know bands like Childrem of Bodom and Nightwish, I think they were the first in reach the fame and open the road to the rest of the bands. That's something good for all of us and we're happy that this is happening.

ENP: When I had the chance to interview Ville the singer from Sentenced, band who recently broke up, he named several bands that he considers the future of the finnish rock and amount a few he named you. How does it feel to know that someone so important and with so much experience has said those words about you?

Aki: Yes, in fact, Sentenced broke up 2 months ago. Well I'm glad and surprised at the same time that he has mentioned us, I think that in Finland there're lots of bands that have a great future to come.

ENP: About your albums, "Dead Letters" was a hufe success here in Venezuela, now your new production "Hide From the Sun" also counts with a good reception. But there's a variation between both albums, Dead Letters it's more melodic and your new album it's more heavy, more complex, it has mayor presence of keyboards and atmospheres. From where does that come, that change in the music?

Aki: I dont think we have change much, both albums are melodics and dark, the lyrics also are a little dark from what people is used to hear with The Rasmus. But on the other hand, with the new record we wanted to have a mayor presence of acoustic guitar, including more riffs. Also there're balads like "Sail Away" which its a beautiful song, it has acoustic guitar, cellos and strings arrangements. I think for us is natural to grow up and develop. In Hide from the sun, there're many influences from the 80's, when I was younger and I was learning to play drumms, I used to hear bands like Guns 'N Roses, Motley Crue and then to songs like "No Fear" which rhythm its from the 80's, I like a lot how I play that song with the drumms (he smiles and gets all excited while he's telling that)

ENP: You must be feeling quite happy then.

Aki: Yes, yes, of course, GNR were my idols, they're in some part the reason why I started playing drumms. Also I was under the influence of Dave Grol from Nirvana and Tommy Lee from Motley Crue.

ENP: What can you tell us about future plans?

Aki: For now we're here, in 2 more weeks we're going to India to play a couple of shows and then we're gonna have some small xmas vacations. Next year, in February we're gonna have a small tour with HIM around Europe, I think 10 or 11 gigs, one day we open for then and the next they do it for us.

ENP: Ville from HIM is a good friend of the band, isnt he?

Aki: Yes, we're friends, the thing is that in Helsinki we all know each other and we go to the same bar. Also we're going to play in Africa in some festivals, then we want to make a complete tour around South America. And also some festivals in Europe.

*New Member*
*New Member*

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2006-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Interview from Aki from Venezuela   Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:12 pm

well great interview Very Happy Very Happy like it ;)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koru
*New Member*
*New Member*

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2006-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Interview from Aki from Venezuela   Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:14 pm

thank you for posting ;)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nussmafia.2page.de
Akusia
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Interview from Aki from Venezuela   Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:36 pm

Koru wrote:
thank you for posting ;)

As I will find some interviews then I will throw in on forum still Smile

*New Member*
*New Member*

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Interview from Aki from Venezuela   Wed May 21, 2008 3:22 pm

Rock thanks for the interview... never seen it before Shocked
he is such a cutie Bussi
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/therasmusangel8
Akusia
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Interview from Aki from Venezuela   Fri May 23, 2008 10:58 am

Reka wrote:
Rock thanks for the interview

It does not have for what Smile.As I will find some interesting I will throw in this still .Probably,that you have some interesting you can this give on forum also Smile

*New Member*
*New Member*

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Interview from Aki from Venezuela   Fri May 23, 2008 2:25 pm

Akusia wrote:
Probably,that you have some interesting you can this give on forum also Smile
that's natural i'll do it Eye
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/therasmusangel8
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interview from Aki from Venezuela